Travel diaries: Bansko
With one of the highest peaks in the Balkans, at 2746m above sea leavel, the ski season runs from mid-December to April. There are now over 70 km of runs divided between 25 pistes, the longest run being from the top of Todoroka to Bansko at 16 kilometers with a total vertical drop of over 1.5 km. Bansko has invested massively in its facilities including:
- a fast 8 persona gondola lift to take you up the mountain
- a variety of 3, 4 and 6 seat high speed lifts
- 8 beginners slopes (blue)
- 11 intermediate slopes (red)
- 6 advanced slopes (black)
- 10 mountain restaurants
- night skiing
- 170 snow cannons
- many excellent ski schools with English speaking instructors.
I have tried to capture the atmosphere of Bansko through my camera lens and hope you will enjoy the photos I have chosen to share with you!