Many women are afraid to layer their clothes for fear of looking bigger than they actually are. While logic would lead one to believe that this claim is true, if you can master the art of layering this couldn't be further from the truth. A perfectly layerd look will compliment your curves and creat the illusion of a more proportional silhouette.
Layering is a great way to bring a ton of different looks and styles into your outfit, but you want to make sure that you do not look like you are wearing ten different layers of clothing. So it is all about making sure they fit.
5 Steps to a Perfectly Layerd Outfit
- Start with a basic, lightweight top. I suggest a solid, something neutral or striped.
- Add another layer such as a soft cardigan or sweater. If you're into color, this can be a great oppurtunity to mix in a bold pullover to make your outfit more intrigue.
- Then add a jacket or a coat. Again, I suggest basic color: camle, black, navy or even olive green.
- Next, add a scarf. It's like the frosting on a cupcake. A must!
- Sprinkle on your accessories (bracelets, rings, watches)